6 Sizzling Summer Dress Trends
1) The biggie this year is the tee shirt dress! Not the traditional boxy 'based off of a men's shirt dress' though, this year's shirt dresses have a decidedly feminine flair! This also increases their versatility to transition form work ear to evening wear to weekend wear! Pair with sexy heels, small bag and sparkling jewelry for date night or flats sandals and a statement belt for weekend wear! At the office sport a blazer, leggings and flat shoes!
2) Mini dresses are also popular this year, but not by themselves! Use them to add structure and layers for a more pulled together, exciting look! Try over a longer skirt with a belt and open front cardigan! Or add a ventilated sweater and top and shorts on the bottom!
3) Even though the temperature is heating up, knits are super trendy! Not the heavy "prepared for winter" style though - expect lightweight fabrics and open patterns for your 2019 spring and summer pieces!
4) Citrus tones and patterns will be everywhere this year! Not only are they good to eat but also to blend into your favorite warm weather outfits!
5) Black and white optic pieces are showing up everywhere as a wink to the 1980's. Pair them with citrus tones (see #4) accessories or layers to enhance the drama of your outfit and enhance your silhouette!
6) Romantic puff sleeve are an especially fashionable touch in this years spring and summer dresses! They add structure and femininity and they look great in all types of fabrics and colors!